Inspired by the Dungeon Dozen – A rude awakening… August 16, 2012Posted by ficial in games, RPG.
A really great site (if you’re in to that kind of thing) is the Dungeon Dozen: “flavor-rich yet detail-free idea stimulation for fantasy RPGs in the form of random tables for the underused 12-sided die” – I highly recommend browsing it for a while, and probably bookmarking it as well.
I was inspired by that site, on the drive to work today I came up with…
The party awakens to a loud banging at the door late at night, or perhaps early in the morning. They look out and see a nattily dressed ogre carrying, among other things, a very heavy and well-worn walking stick. He bellows “Ai! Ai you! Wehkee up in dehr! Mista’ Awgish would lahk ah-ee wehrd wi’ you…
- on da subjek ov ah-ee cer’in young laidees vehrchoo!”
- regahdin’ ah-ee pah-tikooler soong dot’s been mah-keen dee roons!”
- ’bout ah-ee bi’ ov aht dot’s gohn misseen!”
- on mah’ahs bees’ discoosed een proivih’!”
- ‘fore ee runs you aou’ aw teh-oon!”
- consuhnin’ monies eh-ewed fo’ suhvices rhendahed!”
- on mah’ahs een connec-shun wi’ ‘is nefoo!”
- ‘fore dee awderse ketch up t’ yuh!”
- regahdin’ da steh’ ov yuh’ emplawmunh’!”
- ’bout yaw ak-tiviteees in d’ tahvuhn lehs’ nah’!”
- as to yuh plens fo’ de preh’y joory ewe ‘ave soo recen’ly aquahd!”
- wi’ respec’too ‘is awpreshuns dat ‘ave ‘ad some prawbums ov lai’!”